Are you a practicing educator, a recent graduate of an accredited teaching program, or a retired educator? If so, New Vision Learning Services is currently accepting applications for online instructors with ESL experience to teach highly motivated foreign students in a variety of subjects. This is a great opportunity for you to supplement your income or to keep your skills fresh by teaching part-time courses online.
We are an online education provider that offers a thoughtful and comprehensive online solution for participants.
Selected instructors will be able to work from home or anywhere you wish as long as you have good internet access, all classes are home based.
We offer you
- Small classes comprised of 2-5 students.
- Each class is comprised of students with similar levels of English ability.
- Basic cultural competency training focused for an educational setting.
- Full training on our preferred web conferencing software.
- Regular teaching opportunities on a standard schedule.
- To teach students in English on a variety of curriculum’s (pick your specialty): English Language Arts (reading, writing, Picture Talk), Science, Social Studies (Children Safety education, Children’s Financial Literacy, Children’s Communication skills), Arts and Humanities (Literature, World History).
- To evaluate the performance and progress of each student.
- Prepare lesson plan / course ware (PPT file) for the class.
- Orient students to their course and conduct instructional sessions.
- Deliver specific course content in an on-line environment.
- Provide instructions, support and guidance, manage the learning process and focus on individual needs of the students.
Provide course development support/advice to our on-line class.
- Bachelor or higher degree in education/teaching/linguist or relevant field, current TESOL, TEFL, or CELTA certificates will be an advantage.
- Suitably qualified with a passion for teaching. Previous ESL teaching experience (preferred).
- Proficient in general PC literacy and online web conferencing platforms such as Webex or Good Meeting.
High degree of flexibility.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Energetic and professional personality.
- Ability to conduct classes between the hours of 6pm to 9: 30pm Monday-Friday GMT+8, and 8am to 8pm on weekend. Class length is based on the number of students in the class. For a class with 2 students, the class will be 45 minutes in length. A class with 3-4 students will be 1 hour in length.
- Able to interact with students of all levels.
- Ability to develop English as a Second Language curriculum.
- Appropriate state and subject teacher certification is an advantage.
- Always punctual (have class before or on time).
Instructor Technical Requirements
Instructors must have the following hardware and software requirements:
- A PC or Macintosh computer purchased within the last 4 years with at least 8GB of Ram
- A 2Mbps > DSL or cable internet connection
- A wired connection to your internet access (modem, router) device
- For PC’s MS Windows Vista or above
- Most recent version Microsoft Internet Explorer (preferred), Chrome (Chromium) or Firefox browser
- Most recent version of Adobe Flash player
- A quality hands free headset with microphone
- A high quality webcam resolution of 3MP / 720p
If you are interested in this position please submit:
- Resume in either Microsoft Word or .pdf format
- Cover letter indicating your availability to teach (both days of the week and times available), and work experience with children.
Not all applicants will be guaranteed an interview.